Monday, January 30, 2012

I can't understand Harry Potter without subtitles?

So, I've recently begun to watch the Harry Potter movies (I know, i'm behind) and I've rented all the d.v.d's. I really like them, except one problem, I can't understand what the characters are saying half the time! Maybe it's the mix of their accents, talking really fast, and sometimes quietly, i dunno. I've been using the subtitles on all the dvds. And the one dvd that didn't have subtitles, I downloaded subtitles off the computer and watched the movie with the computer in my lap glancing at it every 5 seconds. So I just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and really want to see the 2nd one, but I don't want to wait for it to come out on d.v.d. Plus, I want to see at least one Harry Potter movie in the theaters with the big screen, loud speakers, and 3D (epic!) but I don't want to waste my money if I won't understand half of what's going on. So my question is, does anyone else have this problem? Is it easier to understand in theaters because of the loudness of it? Should I go?I can't understand Harry Potter without subtitles?
hey! i just started with the harry potter movies, and yes it is very hard to understand! i think it's just a matter of watching them over and over again so you get the hang of it =) watch it with a friend that knows the movies and ask her what they're saying! also, it's a little easier to understand it in the theaters but it's still a little unclear. but take my advice and GO SEE ITTT! it's EPIC!!!! you won't regret it ;)
yea, those were really rude comments, don't feel bad cause english IS my first language and I can't hear what they're saying half the time =) hahah

Report Abuse

I can't understand Harry Potter without subtitles?
Maybe there's a theater in your area that will show Deathly Hallows with captioning.



If you haven't read the books, I recommend it. That way you really understand what's happening in the movies.
americans... clearly you havn't heard a really strong accent. they tone them down for the movies y'know.I can't understand Harry Potter without subtitles?
Not to be rude, but its not that hard to understand them. But idk how you can solve this problem. I say do your best to understand them.
If you have it on DVD, you should be able to go to the languages or set up page from the disc menu and enable subtitles.
They are talking in clear English accents! How the hell could you not understand? You speak English yes?
  • harry potter games online
  • ameren missouri
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment