Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thoughts about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt1?

SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT!



Now for the people that have seen it, what did you think?



5=perfect

4=minor complains

3= not bad

2= ugh. i was looking at the watch waiting for it to end

1= the worst thing in the world. i cant believe i went to see it.



I would have to give it a 4 in my opinion.



There were a couple of things here and there that bothered me. For example, they did not explain fleur and bill's relationship at all its almost like the writers never read the books.



How Hermione and Harry are made to be They made it seem like a love triangle with ron, the dancing seen....so awkward and un called for. Ron THOUGHT something was going on but nothing happened, production really made it seem like something was there.



Kreacher didnt turn nice in part 1. He was still mean and didnt seem to like harry much.



They cut off lily's letter even though it points them to Dumbledore's past and it is used in part 2.



In the end Harry should have put "here lies dobby, a free elf" on top of dobby's grave.



Harry and Dudley did not "bury the hatchet", they didnt show how dudley says bye to harry and thanks him for saving his life.



and finally Pettigrew DID NOT die! i was like wtf?! his death was awesome! he needs to die!



but apart from that the movie was really good. I cried my eyes out when dobby died. and the snake scenes freaked me out so much.



that was my little rant. what did you guys think of the movie? anything to add, disagree with?Thoughts about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt1?
i get what u mean about bill and fleur but theres a reason!! every HP movie has a theme..this one was about the realism of the situation the three find themselves in..leave relationships to the Goblet of Fire. nobody cares about bill and fleur. they care about horcruxes.



that dance scene (bc just b4 ron accused them of getting flirty), was message from the writers that harry and hermoine are brother and sister..that theyd never try anything on each other..and that whole "somethings going on" was a RON PERCEPTION. he needed a reason to leave, ddnt he?



u seem like u were looking for a page by page harry potter movie which has never happened before so why look for it now? little things like what u pointed out have no matter in whats important, the journey...I THOUGHT THE MOVIE WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!
http://www.tiny.cc/deathlyhallows1



^^My cousin and I just watched the movie at that website!Thoughts about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt1?
I thought it was also a 4 and I agree with everything you said. I thought Bathilda Bagashot's scene was really good. I would have like to see Voldemort appear and have his little memory scene, and I would have liked more on Harry's wand being broken cause that is pretty important. Malfoy manner was really good, I like Bellatrix in this movie she was very evil and Snape was actually in this one!! I love Snape, I can't wait till July. I'm going to be so sad. OH they didn't mention Tonks' pregnancy but they have cast a Teddy Lupin.

There's one thing i'd like to add is that I was on Noble Collection and there is this Harry Potter Film Artifact box you can buy, and included in it is Lily's letter to Sirius, so I guess if it's included in the film artifact box, it will be in the movie.
I would agree with you about a lot of that! I also would like to add that it got a bit boring for about ten minutes before the snatchers caught them.

I'd give it a 4 too.Thoughts about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt1?
I really loved it. I would probably give it a 4.5, because my complaints are very, very minor. As for all the things they left out, adding too much detail and too many subplots would make the movie very long and very confusing for some viewers, especially those who have not read the books.



Just like someone above answered, Bill and Fleur are not major characters.. Their wedding was shown for a bit of lightheartedness, but the major focus was the fact that the ministry had fallen and Harry needed to leave the comforts of his old life behind.



Harry and Hermione's relationship in this film was not portrayed as romantic. The dancing scene was very sweet, finally showing (in the films) how close Harry and Herm really are.



I would have liked to see the evolution of Kreacher, as I loved that bit of the book, but that would have put them at Grimauld Place for quite a while and dragged the movie out a lot, so it really wasn't necessary.



As far as Lily's letter...I don't really know where they are going with that. Are they going to mention the Lily/Snape relationship and go into detail about Dumbledore's past? Just remember, there is still Part 2 to come, and they need things to use in that one as well.



What's written on Dobby's grave is really a minor detail. But, we didn't even see his grave, and if they show it in Part 2 there is a good possibility it will say that.



I would have loved to see the departure of the Dursleys done correctly. But, in the movies, the Dursleys didn't really have a huge part, so I guess it makes sense. Also, the way Harry is standing on the sidewalk, watching them go, kind of implies that something just happened between them.



And yes, Pettigrew did not die and that sucks. But maybe they are going to work that in later. We can only hope.



Overall, I thought it was great, possibly the best so far. I absolutely can't wait until Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment