Monday, January 30, 2012

Would going to watch the new Harry potter movie with little foreknowledge of the series ruin my enjoyment?

So I've never watched or read any of the Harry Potter books/movies, but I planned on watching all of them sequentially after they all came out. The dilemma is that my friends are all going to go watch the deathly hallows part 1 on opening night. Normally I would just wait, but the group of people I would go with would make the whole experience extremely fun. If I watch the first 2 or 3 movies before going on Friday, will the entire series be completely ruined for when I go back to watch the other movies? Some obvious spoilers such as who all dies isn't very important to me (everybody who goes on the Internet knows the major deaths.). So basically what I'm asking is if the rest of the movies will be totally unenjoyable if I watch the deathly hallows before seeing prisoner of azkaban through order of the Phoenix?Would going to watch the new Harry potter movie with little foreknowledge of the series ruin my enjoyment?
i don't think the other movies will be ruined for you, but watching "the deathly hallows" might be a bit murky because you'll be missing important plot points from the other movies that get resolved in it...i actually read the book twice through because there's a lot of info in it that ties together the loose ends of the series.

can't wait to see this movie, haven't been this excited for a movie in months!
If you watch this movie and then go back and watch the others, it won't be totally unenjoyable, since all the storylines are different. It's just that you'd already know how everything was going to end. If that doesn't bother you, then you'd probably enjoy the others.Would going to watch the new Harry potter movie with little foreknowledge of the series ruin my enjoyment?
Half of the movie won't male any sense to you since all the charaters have been introduced through out the movies. I would suggest not going to see it until you have seen the others. Otherwise you may not enjoy/understand it. You will then not like this movie eventhough it is an epic movie.
Watch the other movies first. Otherwise, you will not understand what is going on, even if someone explains it to you, and you will more than likely not enjoy it.Would going to watch the new Harry potter movie with little foreknowledge of the series ruin my enjoyment?
yes bcuz its so far into the story uld b lost
It will affect your enjoyment somewhat. You may find the movie harder to follow if you haven't seen the previous ones. It might also affect your enjoyment of the previous ones if you decide to go back and see them later, because you'll already know about major revelations that follow and are better as a surprise.



I found Harry Potter to be a lot more enjoyable, when experienced chronologically, than most of the recent fantasy novels. It's very inventive.



The movies are a bit more dramatic and emotionally focused than the books. The books are more complex and creative, but more focused on plot and a little less heavy on emotion. I'd say the books are actually more moving overall, because they flow better and they're more consistent. (The movie series constantly switched directors.) So I'd say read the books first, then see the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment